Sunday, September 12, 2010

Essendon Record Fair

The smells, the crowds, the dust. Got to love a record fair. Spent little got a lot. Here's some of the highlights, or the ones I could find images of:

The Little Tony album has the back cover as well b/c it's great, the kids one from Poland looks like a nutty folk record. Linda George sings Shoobedoobedoodahday or something (it's good if unspellable) but what an awful album cover - sort of basic brown colour scheme - unlike Ramon Duval's which is worth framing. I also found a single by Noel Ferrier which makes up for again not finding the album by Abigail (there's one out there somewhere with my name on it). I can't find a scan of the Noel EP ("Unfurled") and the scanner's not working so you'll have to imagine (imagination is what we had before Google came along). Noel is draped in a Union jack, on a throne, with a trident and helmet and sings "All You Need Is Love". Gold.

5 comments:

Sally said...

The record fair sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing it :) I love trawling through op shops for vinyl treasures, though sadly I have had to leave my collection in Melbourne for fear that it wouldn't cope with Darwin's humidity. My favourites are musicals, but I wouldn't turn down a sexy Hammond organ LP :)

Wayne said...

Love record fairs but the Essendon hall is a little on the small side, so there's a lot of Twister-like antics to look at the records. Also, there were a few prams this year which probably weren't a great idea to bring along.

Wayne said...

Oh, and yes, love the Hammond albums!

David said...

Do you like Harpers Bizarre? I have that album, it is probably in the worst condition of almost any of my records and you know that's saying something. I'm not saying I want yours. I like mine. I love that song 'Snow'. Scary group. Did you see the episode of Mad Men where Pete Campbell and his wife (forget her name) did the flapper dance?

Wayne said...

They do a good line in Sunshine Pop, my favourite HB track is 'Malibu U'. I didn't see that episode of Mad Men, which isn't too surprising as I've only seen 1 episode of Mad Men.